- INTRODUCTION TO MASK WORK – Grades 9-12
This workshop introduces students to basic mask work using both Bal type white masks and character masks. The workshop outcomes include a better understanding of:
– Body language
- MASK EXPLORATION – Grades 10-12
This workshop builds on Intro to Mask Work and introduces more character exercises and scene work. The workshop outcomes include a better understanding of:
– Character development -character leads, weight, speed, energy, gestures.
– Mask technique- playing the mask
– Performance technique – upstaging, collaboration.
- MASK TO PUPPETRY – Grades 9-12
This workshop introduces puppetry as a transition from mask work. Workshop outcomes include an understanding of:
– Bringing the puppet alive (Bunraku bears).
– Lip sync (intro to sock puppets)
- PUPPETRY EXPLORATION- Grades 10-12
This workshop focuses on puppetry. Workshop outcomes include an understanding of different puppetry styles:
– Rod puppets – partner work
– Sock puppets – eye focus
– Hand and rod puppets
- INTRODUCTION TO TELEVISION PUPPETRY- Grades 11-12
This workshop focuses entirely on puppetry for television. Workshop outcomes include:
– Puppetry technique
– Television (monitor) basics
– Partner work
– Advanced movement study
Mask/puppet making and, Elementary level workshops are in development. Requests and/or suggestions are encouraged and welcomed.
The posted rates are meant as a starting point. Your needs may be specific for a special show or event. Negotiations are always possible depending upon your needs.
Basic rates are:
$150.00 for One period (up to 75 minutes).
$225.00 for Two periods.
$300.00 for Three Periods.
$400.00 for Four Periods.
There is a $70 equipment fee added to Television puppetry workshops, and a $3.00 per student materials fee added to building workshops.
Prices include workshop materials such as masks, puppets and TV equipment. Prices do not include HST.
Travel expenses may apply, please ask for details.